I went to a WVU game at the Coliseum here in Morgantown on Wednesday January 26th. Anthony and I were in the top row with no one around us so I took my mask off. When I was moving through the building, I had my mask on of course.
Woke up on Thursday morning super dry and had myself convinced I caught Covid at the Coliseum. I then decided it was just the same thing that always happens to me after I go to an arena where I come out with a cough and some congestion.
We made the 8 hour road trip to Nashville, TN for Aaliyah’s gymnastics meet and I didn’t think about my symptoms anymore. For the most part, we were masked other than in restaurants after we were seated and a few times in the Gaylord Opryland Resort. The resort hosted the gymnastics meet on Friday morning and then we came back to join some of the other gymnastics parents for some swimming and hot tubbing. The hot tub was outside and it was snowing but once you got in, it wasn’t too bad.I went maskless in the pool area and a few times when I walked the 5 miles between the pool area and the nearest resort bar.
The next day, we stayed in the hotel until we went to the Adventure Science Center with some friends that had moved to Memphis, TN a while back. I stayed masked the whole time there. Then we went to the Wildhorse Saloon and I took my mask off a few times. Afterwards, we came back to our hotel for more swimming. Before the night ended, I sat at the bar in the connected restaurant the Rock’n Dough and had a beer while I waited for dessert for the kids. I didn’t wear a mask then either.
I woke up Sunday morning with a dry cough and I didn’t think too much of it until it persisted throughout the day, no matter how much water I drank. I definitely felt like I had at least a cold but I didn’t think it could be more than that. Plus, I’m double vaxxed and boosted, so I wasn’t too worried.
I woke up Monday morning still dry and feeling more crappy but I still felt like I had a cold. I decided to still go to work (and I had alerted HR to my coughing already just in case) but pretty much knew that I would want to cut out early to go get tested. Just to be sure. I left work a little after 9 and went to the Rec Center to get tested.
This was the 4th time I had tested and the 3rd time I tested at the Rec, so I knew the drill. Go home, relax, and I’d have my results the same day. So I did just that. I didn’t feel great so I ate some carbs in the form of popcorn and binge watched old Casey Neistat vlogs while our dogs Marley and Evie climbed all over me. Around 11-ish, I decided to go lay down because I had nearly fallen asleep a few times in the living room.
I looked for a few movies to fall asleep to but Knocked Up, This Is 40, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall weren’t available to stream for free, so I settled on Cruel Intentions. Sebastian and Kathryn were starting their manipulation of Ronald when felt like I was really hot all of a sudden. Mind you, I had made a faux hot toddy with rum and I was in the bedroom with the space heater cranking so that had to be why I was hot. Right?
I went and took my temperature (which was normal this morning). 100 in the right ear. 100.9 in the left ear.
Frick. I probably have Covid.
My temperature had shot up in November 2020 which prompted my first test and I was negative so there was some hope. Still, I packed up as much stuff as possible and headed down to my basement. Just in case.
I finished Cruel Intentions and started watching Bob’s Burgers. The lab got my sample at 10:20 and by 1:52 I had my answer.
I updated my HR ticket and was told I’d be out the rest of this week. Since I don’t have enough PTO, most of the rest of this week will be unpaid. I let Angel know and I’m currently quarantining downstairs for at least the rest of the week. Her and Aaliyah don’t have any symptoms as of yet.
- Watched Bob’s Burgers. I started the show a few months ago when a friend recommended it to me and it’s pretty outstanding. I’m sure Angel didn’t love all my laughing while she was upstairs worried about me.
- The girls were planning to go to Columbus on Wednesday so Aaliyah could see her best friend Aria and go to her gymnastics meet there on Friday but all of that got canceled.
- I made fries in the air fryer before the girls got home and then they brought me some Arby’s. Low carb is definitely out the window for now.
- I watched a new Peter McKinnon video on YouTube and then I went to bed after the girls called me to say goodnight.
- Slept okay but I did wake up a few times during the night. Heard the girls get up around 6 so I was in and out until 7 something.
- I got up and took my medicine and some Robitussin. Went upstairs with a mask on and made sure to wipe down anything I touched with a disinfectant wipe.
- Played a little Detroit Become Human before watching the new episode of So Wassup? with DJ Premier.
- Let the dogs out at 10 something and 1 something.
- I’ve been watching Ed and Day in the ‘Burgh on the Very Local app.
- I’m moving all the Rasslecast videos to the Hyphen Universe channel because I don’t feel like running 2 YouTube channels.
- Listened to the second episode of the Palo Santo Podcast.
- I’m eating some Girl Scout Gorp Trail Mix because it was the easiest thing for me to grab that didn’t require extra work.
- Watching Ed and Day’s show made me hungry for tacos, so Angel brought me some.My temperature broke but now I’m stuffy from the spicy tacos.
- I ended up playing Detroit for a few more hours in between finishing moving the Rasslecast videos.
- Set the ffmpeg to make a new Rasslecast video and called it a night.
- Had the Rasslecast frame set up for the wrong step so I ended up rendering the video again this morning.
- Breakfast was chips and salsa from Mariachi Loco.
- Watched some highlights from the conference championship games and turned Detroit back on.
- Even though it’s been 4 years since I fell in love with this game watching it on YouTube, I’m still in awe of it.
- I have a small temperature and my right nostril still feels like it’s on fire sometimes.
- Video is done and now uploaded.
- Tried to eat some peanut butter and Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels… not a good combination.
- Waited 3 hours and 45 minutes for Vegas Pro 16 to render the last episode of Hyphen Nation… and the file size was only 24 kilobytes.
- Played more Detroit in between sending Matthew videos on Marco Polo.
- Angel made some delicious alfredo and garlic bread for dinner (thank goodness I still have taste and smell).
- Feeling a little more tired today but that’s probably because I was up later.
- Spent the last hour or so laying on the floor watching Bob’s Burgers.
- I probably feel the worst that I have since Monday morning.
- This damn video still won’t render.
About to enter my third full day of quarantine. Even though I’m only in my basement and the girls are home at night, it’s easy to see why anyone who had to quarantine alone, especially in early 2020, was traumatized by the experience. I hate this. I just want to lay in my own bed, walk around my house, hell, I even want to be at work a little bit. Just a little bit though.
- My video worked so I uploaded it. Now to cut out the Green Goblin section for a smaller video.
- Ate some oatmeal for breakfast and debating on pizza later. My taste and smell are definitely still here.
- Also had the thought that I got a false positive and I’ve been quarantined for nothing. My fever says otherwise although it was back to normal this morning.
- Maybe I’ll get pizza and watch John Q this afternoon.
- This morning has been a wash due to me looking for the full CM Punk/MJF match unsuccessfully.
- About to let the dogs out and get a second cup of coffee.
- Made a few more videos and ordered pizza from Primanti’s. It did not agree with me.
- Almost done with John Q.
- Wanted to record the podcast but I just wasn’t up for it.
This has easily been the hardest day. I feel like my body is fighting it off like it would at the end of a normal cold but then I have periods where I just feel like utter crap. I don’t miss the nervous energy of the last 2 days but I also wish I could just relax.
- I felt really run down after the movie so I didn’t do much other than lay down and mess around on my phone.
- Aaliyah brought me a cupcake home from school.
- When the girls left for gymnastics practice (still no symptoms) I suddenly felt up for the podcast so I turned on my lights, hooked up my mics and pressed record. This was after I spent the first hour and a half they were gone trying to find last night’s AEW Dynamite episode and talking on Marco Polo. I didn’t make it more than 15 minutes when they were home from practice early due to there being a meet in Columbus, Ohio tomorrow (weather permitting). I went ahead and shut everything off as my momentum had been halted.
- Ended up turning Detroit Become Human back on and beating it tonight. I didn’t save Luther though. Poor Luther.
- Went to bed the latest I had all week so I woke up around 8 this morning.
- They canceled school here in anticipation of snow so the girls are home upstairs today (Angel also decided to scratch Aaliyah from her Columbus meet).
- Tried to mirror my PC to my Firestick and couldn’t so I settled on watching AEW on my PS4 which took a little doing but I’m finally watching Dynamite at least.
- I’ve just been taking it easy the last few hours.
- Ate some cinnamon buns and then pasta. In the morning and then at lunch, not together.
- Messed with a little video stuff. But since this is my (hopefully) last day down here, I’m really not trying to do too much.
- We ordered Mario’s Fishbowl for dinner and I got a fish sandwich and some chili. I still have my taste and smell but my nose is extra sensitive to cheese and I‘m extra sensitive to vinegars now?
- I recorded Rasslecast with Marcus, Errick, Kat, and her partner Greg. The laughs were much needed.
- Watched 2 more episodes of Bob’s before I went to bed.
- Slept in until almost 10.
- Woke up to coffee from Aaliyah and a Covid home test on the steps. While my test was positive, most of my symptoms are gone other than a cough. We decided I can be upstairs with a mask on until at least Thursday and I’d continue to sleep down here until then.
It should go without saying that I feel extremely lucky that my symptoms were so mild and that’s all thanks to my vaccines and my booster. Being separated from everyone was horrible (especially by Wednesday/Thursday) but it was a necessary annoyance to make sure the girls didn’t get exposed any more than they had to. I just hope I’m the only one in the house who has to deal with actually having Covid at all.
ITEM! I smartly edited this week’s Rasslecast on Saturday so come and see who we draft for our fantasy factions!
ITEM! And the full video for our episode where The Hockster took over is available now!